Something old. Something new. Never borrowed. Always You.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A not-so Mundane Monday for Madame Moi

Passing through the Mondays is a struggles for all of us. Monotonous and mundane, I would agree. At least the sun was out to flirt with us. Though I love the spring breeze caressing my hair, co-ordintating an outfit to adapt to the deceiving sunny ol' weather in UK can be a task in itself. Why is it that we seemingly throw on our outfits and the minute you set foot outdoors, the weather is ever changing, especially the day and the evenings *Brrrrr chills*

With Melody Gardot tracks on my itouch, hints of florals in the air, the general mood is refreshing and I feel playful with the styling.

I added a frivolous but sweet, tongue and chic touch to the look, I wore my cupcake necklace, available from Monsoon. I add a Madame Moi customisation to it by simply adding colour to the cupcake dangle charm with nail polish which is accessible if you don't have special paints.

<3 Done-it-Myself Do-ables 
Cupcake for the Cuties

Simply choose your colour, paint away, be careful you don't get the polish over your clothes. Tweezers will help you paint when you are painting the delicate detailing. Leave to dry and all within a matter of a minute, it's your own!

Remember to leave it to dry for at least 5 min and a small touch of hairspray will help hold the polish in place. Why not be adventurous and throw a little glitter for that sparkle before the polish dries

On my way into London for some Spring Summer style notes this season, here, I wear fresh colours, minimal on the darker tones with accents rich aubergines, teal, creams with hints of pastel locked in with tones of camel. 

The key pieces are Marc Jacobs around my neck to keep the breeze away, Anne Klein limited edition handbag (One of my favoritos!)to carry Madame Moi goodies.

The dress worn here is actually a skirt layered up with a pretty vintage Beyond Retro rara skirt to add volume and the block colour belt cinches in the waist to comliment the silhouette.  This look is a fusion of garments old and new, romantic and with festival chic influences.

Neckaccessories. Check out Madame Moi FB page for more style tips <3


On the way up 
  
 Late lunch, Harrods Special at the Italian
  
Checking out Chanel boutique
  
Late afternoon sippa at Veuve Clicquot before heading to The Hospital Club

1 comment: